Have your event listing featured at the end of a Movement Sports article! UPGRADE today!
- This event has passed.
Open Water Swims at the Newark Reservoir
August 14, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm UTC+0
An event every week that begins at 6:00pm on Monday, repeating until October 9, 2017
Meet us at the top of the Newark Reservoir every Monday evenings from 5/1/17 (Earlier this year to help you prepare for the season) thru 10/9/17 (later this year to help you stay in shape all season) except for May 30 (Tuesday), July 5 (Wednesday), and Sept 5 (Tuesday) from 6pm to 7pm and train with your open water swims on the established 1/4 mile swim course used for our annual Top of Delaware Triathlon.
Must be able to swim as this is not a “learn how to swim” but rather “learn how to train and race in open water swim events such as those in triathlons”. It is also great for training in open water so as to be more comfortable on race day(s). These swims are not instructional in nature – it is your chance to do more open water swimming.
Some general rules:
- Bring Photo ID to check in. No substitutions allowed.
- Bring your goggles, wetsuits (optional), and swim caps (Light colored Only as required for visibility reasons). i.e. – No black or dark blue caps allowed.
- Everyone must sign in and sign out at the top of the Reservoir where swim begins and ends.
- For your safety. No diving or jumping into the Reservoir.
- Do not swim beyond the perimeter of established swim course.
- Enter/exit only via the Swim Docks put into place for this purpose.
- Do not use these training swims for purposes of “learning how to swim” the first time. Must be able to swim comfortably as there is no place to stand or beach front to get in/out or to stop. Lifeguards will be present for everyone’s safety.
- Registrations are not transferrable to other event dates OR individuals.
- $12.00 per session when registering in advance via online. Select Swim Clinic Individual Session(s) and then select the date(s) you wish. You will be charged for the number of sessions at the end of the shopping cart.
- $15.00 per session DAY OF (both online and in person). In person – CASH ONLY. Limited Spots. You are encouraged to always sign up in advance via our online registration.
- $160.00 for an Individual Season Pass. This package will be available until 5/14/17 in which after that time, only individual sessions will be for sale. The Season Pass averages to around $7 per session. Choose this if interested but do not select dates under additional options (otherwise you’ll be charged more). This qualifies you for all scheduled Swim Sessions.
© 2015-Present – Piranha Sports. All Rights Reserved
This is not a series event. Simply a training night. Enjoy!
NO TRANSFERS, NO REFUNDS, NO RAIN DATES PLANNED in the event of any cancellations.
Race director/management may alter any part or distance of the event as dicated by event day conditions, such as weather.