Have your event listing featured at the end of a Movement Sports article! UPGRADE today!
- This event has passed.
Flyers Charity Classic
July 16, 2017$50 - $100
Join the Flyers for a new Philadelphia-wide event this July, the Philadelphia Flyers Charity Classic! Hit the street on feet or bike and stay active this summer as families, athletes, and Flyers fans of all ages ride, walk, or run down Broad Street and beyond.
Participants can choose to take part in one of four different events:
- 5K Walk/Run – Runners and walkers will start at the Wells Fargo Center complex and run through the scenic Navy Yard, returning to the Wells Fargo Center to cross the finish line.
- 10-Mile Family Bike Ride – Riders will begin by biking from the Wells Fargo Center complex to Broad Street, cycling up to and around City Hall before passing by Logan Square and the Philadelphia Museum of Art along the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Bikers will then ride along the Schuylkill River Trail until they hit South Street, eventually returning to Broad Street, en route to the Wells Fargo Center.
- 50K Bike Ride – Cyclists will start their ride at the Wells Fargo Center complex and travel north on Broad Street to and around City Hall, passing Logan Square and the Philadelphia Museum of Art as they continue down the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Bikers will then continue the ride on Martin Luther King Drive until they hit Fairmount Park and pedal towards Bala Cynwyd before reaching the halfway point at West Mill Creek Park. On the way back to South Philadelphia, riders will travel alongside the Schuylkill River via Main Street in Manayunk, Martin Luther King Drive, and the Schuylkill River Trail, until they turn on South Street, finally returning to the Wells Fargo Center.
- 100K Bike Ride – Participants will pedal out of the Wells Fargo Center complex and hit Broad Street, traveling north to and around City Hall, before riding down the Benjamin Franklin Parkway to pass the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Riders will then continue along Martin Luther King Drive before cutting through Fairmount Park. From there, the route will lead out to Malvern before looping back around past Villanova and across the Schuylkill River into Manayunk. Crossing back over the river at Kelly Drive, participants will follow the Schuylkill all the way to South Street, ultimately returning to Broad Street to make their return to the Wells Fargo Center.
Funds raised from the Flyers Charity Classic will benefit Flyers Charities and the Flyers Alumni Association. Both organizations support a multitude of worthy non-profits across the Greater Philadelphia Region.
Entry fees vary by course, with the 5K Walk/Run at $50 per person, 10 mile Family Bike Ride at $50 per person or $100 for a family of four (children under 16), and both the 50K and 100K bike rides at the early bird rate of $100 per cyclist, through May 31st.
- Flyers Charity Classic goodie bag
- Race t-shirt
- Post-race refreshments
- Personalized bib number with chip timing
- Finisher’s medal
- Free Flyers Fan Fest with giveaways and activities for all ages
- Route signage marking every turn, cue sheets, and police and marshals to guide you on your way
- Festive rest stops stocked with items to help fuel your race/ride
- SAG & mechanical support on course
The Flyers Charity Classic will be held rain or shine, in the event of severe weather, pre-registered participants will receive an email and notifications will be posted to all of our social media sites.
All participants riding in the 10-mile family ride, 50K, or 100K must wear a certified bicycle helmet and have bicycles in good working condition.