Have your event listing featured at the end of a Movement Sports article! UPGRADE today!
- This event has passed.
Farm to Fork Fondo – Maine
August 26 - August 27$39.99 - $169.99
Farm to Fork Fondo – Maine
August 26-27 – Wolfe’s Neck Farm – 184 Burnett Road, Freeport, ME
Taste the bounty of both the land and the sea as you ride through Maine – where forest meets shore in rocky coastlines that echo the rugged determination of its farming community.
ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE:
- Celebratory mass start led by professional cyclists
- Deluxe aid stations at working farms with small bites from the farm
- Ticket to the post-ride Farm to Fork Barbecue
- 1 free post-ride finisher brew (21 & over)
- Stylish 100% cotton Farm to Fork Fondo t-shirt*
- Raffle tickets for more than $10,000 in prizes including new Bianchi bikes
- Beautiful, well-marked, and well-supported rides with police support, marshals and signage
- Professional course support provided by Silca with SAG (rescue) vehicles to help you back to the start if the day doesn’t go according to plan
- Customized Farm to Fork Fondo souvenir number plate
- Commemorative finisher’s prize
- Farm to Fork Fondo welcome bag featuring cycling swag, and local goodies
- Access to the pre-ride Maple Hill Creamery Fuel-Up Station
- Access to the post-ride Elite Performance Team Recovery Station
- Ride with GPS timed segments with age and gender-graded rankings*
- Free parking
- Special lodging rates at area hotels
- Some pretty fantastic memories and more
You should know that all the rides are well insured and that public safety and medical support will be available. Be sure to review all of our Rules & Policies.
*In order to offer the Ramble Ride at a smokin’ deal, it does not include a t-shirt or timed segments
The mission of the Farm to Fork Fondo series is to highlight and support the symbiotic relationship between cyclists, farmers and beautiful landscapes. Here at Wrenegade Sports we aim to promote physical activity in a fun and supportive environment, create achievable challenges for people of all ages and abilities, to leave our host communities better than we found them, and to use our events to do social good. Wrenegade Sports and the Farm to Fork Fondo series are not non-profits. To meet our mission of supporting farmland preservation, we work hard to collect donations from sponsoring companies and participants to donate to local organizations.
Immerse yourself in iconic farmlands and meet the farm families working hard to produce healthy fresh foods you’ll enjoy. Learn about the struggles these farms face and be a part of supporting the beautiful landscapes.
Get ready for a weekend filled with culinary delights made from ingredients sourced from the beautiful farms along your route. We select local farm-to-table specialist chefs to whip up gourmet treats and feasts worthy of kings and hoards of hungry foodie cyclists.
Join hundreds of lucky cyclists for a mass-start, fully-supported gran fondo led by friendly professional cyclists. Work up your appetite over challenging courses through beautiful farmland with timed segments, magnificent views, and farm stop aid stations featuring locally-sourced treats.
Wrenegade Sports gran fondos are rides, not races, and have distance options for all abilities.
WHAT’S NEW FOR Maine for 2017
Yes, the 2016 Farm to Fork Fondo – Maine was awesome! Guess what?? We have even more updates and amenities for 2017, including:
- New Meet the Farmers Dinner the night before the ride with the families from our featured farms
- Updated routes with an enhanced Stages Segment Challenge and an extra aid station on the Medio and Gran routes
- Expanded professional course support from Silca and L.L. Bean
- New pre-ride Maple Hill Creamery Fuel-Up Station
- New post-ride Elite Performance Team Recovery Zone with Normatec recovery boots
- 2 brand spankin’ new Bianchi bikes to give away
- New merchandise items including the official 2017 Farm to Fork Fondo kit
- Expanded post-ride festival with local vendors
- More money for local farms through the Volunteer Competition
All activities at Wolfe’s Neck Farm, 184 Burnett Rd, Freeport, ME
SATURDAY AUGUST 26, 2017
- 5 to 7pm Packet Pickup at the Wolfe’s Neck Farm Little River Farmstead
- 5:30pm Free Pro Rider Bicycle Skills Clinic for riders of all abilities, presented by Bianchi and Elite Performance Team
- 7pm Meet the Farmers Dinner at the Mallet Barn (tickets required)
SUNDAY AUGUST 27, 2017
- 6:30 to 8:30am Packet Pickup, Maple Hill Creamery & Vagabond Coffee Fuel-Up Station, and L.L. Bean Bicycle First Aid Station open
- 9am Farm to Fork Fondo (Piccolo, Medio and Gran) departs (pre-registration required)
- 11am Ramble Ride departs
- 11:30am to 6pm Post-Ride Farm to Fork Barbecue open (tickets required)
- 1 to 5pm Live music by Half Moon Jug Band
- 5pm Volunteer Competition Awards Ceremony
- On-site activities include: barnyard and organic garden tours; history hay-wagon tours; farm stand; kayak and canoe rentals; nature trails; and ocean-front camping.